1 out of 9 babies in the United States are born premature. The earlier a baby is born, the more severe their health problems. Becoming a parent in the NICU is a rollercoaster ride, with ups and downs, triumphs and setbacks—preemies require special care and spend weeks or months hospitalized in a NICU.
World renowned pediatric researcher and child development therapist, Dr. Suzann Campbell is the founder the Infant Motor Performance Scales Group, or “IMPS”, has been working in Pediatric Physical Therapy Research for over 30 years, her methods are now the leading models for preventing and predicting childhood disabilities and are used around the world.
Recently Dr. Campbell saw an unmet need in how NICU parents connected with the medical process their child was undergoing. IMPS, in partnership with Cognition has developed “I Just Couldn’t Wait! A Baby Journal for Preterm Infants”. First in it’s class, this Journal will provide families a way to document their preemies events and is an artifact that will remain with them throughout their life.
Guided by the point of view of clinical care practitioners, this baby journal enables parents/families to:
- stay up to speed with their personal care team
- track progress and growth
- keep abreast of tests and surgeries
- document important milestones
- keep journal entries and document any concerns
- as well as enter traditional journal entires such as your Family Tree, All About Mom and Dad, My Homecoming, and their 1st Birthday
- Printed Journal: 7"x7" and 8"x10"
- Marketing and Online Sales Website
- Mobile App