My46 is an innovative web-based tool developed at the University of Washington by a team of clinical geneticists, genome scientists, genetic counselors, bioethicists, computer programmers, science educators, writers and illustrators. My46 enables individuals to manage their results from genetic testing, whether it is a single result being offered for return or the hundreds of results that can be offered for return from tests based on exome or whole genome sequencing.
Dr. Mike Bamshad, chief of genetic medicine at Seattle Children's Hospital and Dr. Holly Tabor, assistant professor for the Treuman Katz Center for Pediatric Bioethics, lead the My46 team and partnered with Cognition to develop a comprehensive user experience plan, brand platform and informational illustrations.
• TIME Magazine // The DNA Dilemma: A Test That Could Change Your Life
• What Your Doctor Isn’t Telling You About Your DNA | TIME.com
• Ethicists debate how to tell patients secrets in their genome
• Testing Web-based Tool for Informed Consent, Return of Sequencing Results
• NY Times // The Path to Reading a Newborn's DNA Map
- Brand Development
- User Experience Design
- Complex Information Architecture
- Illustration and Iconography